- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Supreme Allied Commander of NATO forces in Europe to visit Georgia2013-03-25 13:17
Supreme Allied Commander of NATO forces in Europe, Admiral James Stavridis is scheduled to visit Georgia presumably on April 10. According to the Echo of the Caucasus, this was announced by the press service of the Georgian Defense Ministry.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Presumably, the Admiral will arrive in Georgia on a two-day visit.
According to Stavridis, military exercises "Agile Spirit-2013" have improved the opportunities of the Georgian military from technical and tactical point of view. "For NATO the progress is very important. After two weeks, I'm going to Georgia, and I will have the opportunity to meet with the new leaders and the president", said the Admiral.
Earlier on Friday, at a meeting of the U.S. Senate, Admiral Stavridis said that Georgia was a worthy ally of NATO. At the same time, he appreciated the Georgian-US exercises "Agile Spirit-2013" at military training ground in Vaziani (near Tbilisi).
Previously it was reported that Georgian-US military exercises "Agile Spirit-2013" have caused concern of the Russian side. This was announced on Friday by the Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich.
"These annual activities, called by our American partners the "preparation for operations in Afghanistan", is really a matter of concern", he said.
Military exercises, involving 350 servicemen of the U.S. Marine Corps and the 23rd Battalion of the Second Infantry Brigade of Georgian Armed Forces, started on March 18 and last till April 5.