- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze's party to nominate presidential contender2013-03-27 15:45
The party "Democratic Movement" of Georgia intends to take part in the presidential election. This was announced on Wednesday by the party leader Nino Burjanadze, the Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our party is not going to participate in the interim parliamentary elections," she said.
With respect to all subsequent elections, Burdazhanadze noted that "Democratic Movement" will take part in them. "I hope that in Georgia there never happens a situation when participation in the elections does not make sense. As for the presidential candidate from our party, I think that while it's too early to talk about," said Nino Burjanadze.
Recall, after the parliamentary election in Georgia, won by the coalition of Bidzina Ivanishvili, former opposition leader Nino Burjanadze took a break, the purpose of which was the assessment of the political activities of the "Georgian Dream".
Political scientist, expert on the Caucasus Mikhail Alexandrov believes that the break in political activities, which Burjanadze took after the parliamentary election, is rather related to the fear of Mikheil Saakashvili than to a desire to draw conclusions about the activities of the "Georgian Dream".
"She is afraid of Saakashvili and is waiting until he is completely out of play. You know that Zhvania was killed, other political opponents of Saakashvili have fled abroad ... Burjanadze has managed to leave the game on time and fade. When Saakashvili leaves his post, she would say all she thinks about this political person".