- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Damage caused by hurricane in Georgia has reached $ 3.6 million2013-03-28 14:31
The total damage from the hurricane that had raged in Georgia on March 24, has reached 6 million lari (about $ 3.6 million), the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The damage has increased by one million GEL and amounts 6 million. In the areas of Mhtseta and Samegrelo there were destroyed private houses. Restoration works are already underway and will be completed in the near future," the head of emergency headquarters for the disaster relief, the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources Kakha Kaladze stated at a government meeting.
He added that the funds for the reconstruction will be allocated from the Reserve Fund of the Prime Minister.
Recall, last weekend, a hurricane in Georgia damaged hundreds of homes and disrupted power supplies. According to the Energy Minister Kakha Kaladze, about 60 million subscribers have remained without electricity. An emergency headquarters, headed by Kaladze, was established for the disaster relief.
Hurricane and severe storm have caused the greatest damage in Adjara. In the region, there were damaged houses; the coastal strip was washed away. In some cities, particularly in Batumi, the streets were flooded.