- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Active phase of the Georgian-American military exercises to be completed2013-03-28 15:11
The final event of the active phase of the joint Georgian-US military exercises "Agile Spirit-2013" have begun at the training ground in Vaziani near Tbilisi. This was announced by the press service of the Ministry of Defense of Georgia, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgian and American units participating in the exercises performed jointly combat missions on conditional scenario. During the exercises there were used Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System or MILES and armored combat vehicles," said in a statement by the department.
The final event of the exercises was attended by Georgian and foreign journalists. Media representatives moved along with the military and covered the fighting. "Journalists have been connected to the operations of the implementation of the search, cordon, escort, as well as humanitarian operations. These are the combat missions that are performed during the ISAF operation in Afghanistan," stated in the Defense Ministry.
Recall, military exercises, involving 350 servicemen of the U.S. Marine Corps and the 23rd Battalion of the Second Infantry Brigade of Georgian Armed Forces, started on March 18 and last till April 5.
The U.S. Marines arrived to Georgia to participate in the Georgian-US military exercises "Agile Spirit-2013" on March 11.