- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
At least $ 150 million investment in exploration and production of oil in Georgia2013-03-28 17:07
Foreign investors will invest in oil exploration and production in Georgia at least $ 150 million. According to the Echo of the Caucasus, this was announced by the country's National Agency of the oil and gas.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 2012, the exploration and production of oil in Georgia took $ 68 million.
Investors of the relevant works are several companies, including American-British Blake Oil and Gas, which is mainly operating in the Kakheti region, and the Indian Jindal Petroleum, spanning several regions. Since last fall Jindal Petroleum has drilled eight wells of the planned 10. According to the Indian company, each of them requires investments in the amount of $ 5 to 20 million.
Now, at average Georgia is annually producing 50 thousand tons of oil. Since in Georgia there is no appropriate refining capacity, all extracted materials are being sent abroad, the Business-Georgia reported.