- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Trial over Bacho Akhalaia postponed till April2013-03-29 11:43
The trial over the former Minister of Defense Bacho Akhalaia, who is charged for the offending employees of the Interior Ministry, was postponed till April 5, the Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the beginning of the process on March 29, the judge read out statement of the lawyer of one of the defendants Malkhaz Velidzhanashvili who petitioned for the suspension of the process, since a different trial was appointed for the same time.
Recall, earlier the trial over the former Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia was also rescheduled for March 22 at the request of the defense. Akhalaia's lawyer Malkhaz Velidzhanashvili stated that after the trial has begun, the prosecution started talking about some new charges against his client.
Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on the night of November 7, after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia, who was previously the head of the Defense Ministry, was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.