- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
German MP Viola von Cramon to visit Abkhazia2013-03-29 13:46
On March 29, Bundestag deputy Viola von Cramon intends to visit the republic of Abkhazia, the Echo of the Caucasus reported. This was announced by the governor of the Georgian region of Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti Tengiz Gunava, who the day before had a meeting with the German deputy.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have talked about the situation in the region. She has also shown interest in our co-existence with the new authorities, and I said that there is a very difficult process. MP also wondered about the processes in tourism and the construction of a port in Anaklia, and I have provided her relevant information," the governor said.
According to the Bundestag deputy, an expert on the Caucasus Viola von Cramon, "The EU should include the separatist republics of Georgia into the "Eastern Partnership". Cramon wrote this in her article "The next revolution in Georgia", published in the "Neue Zürcher Zeitung" in October last year, the IA Abkhazeti reported.
She believes that the appointment of a member of the "Republic Party" Paata Zakareishvili the Minister for Reintegration is an important signal. She noted that Zakareishvili enjoyed the confidence of all parties, and since 1990 he has actively supported the reconciliation of the conflict parties.
Previously, earlier Viola von Cramon intended to visit Georgia as a member of the delegation as part of the visit organized by Bosch and Marshall funds. After Georgia's President Mikheil Saakashvili stated he would not meet with the delegation, including Viola von Cramon and Dieter Boden, the delegation's visit was canceled.