- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia has doubled budget of the Ministry of Environment2013-03-29 14:32
The budget of the Ministry of Environment of Georgia in 2013 was doubled. According to the News-Georgia, this was announced by the head of the department Khatuna Gogaladze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Environmental protection was recognized one of the priorities of the new government. I am very pleased that this is not just the declared fact, written on paper. This is proved by the strengthening of the functions of the Ministry, as well as the growth of the budget. Budgetary funds of the Ministry of Environment were doubled and now amount 20 million lari (about $ 12 million)," said Gogaladze.
Also in 2013, the Ministry is expected to get extrabudgetary funds in the amount of 15 million lari (about $ 9.4 million). "Accordingly, it is a serious financial resource which will help the Ministry to solve a number of problems in this sector," said Gogaladze.
Recall, according to the conclusion of the experts, the Red List has long become a symbol incapable to protect the rare species of flora and fauna from the steady extinction. This was announced in late February this year, the EkoSever reported.
"Relentless statistics says that tigers, Siberian Cranes and many other fauna species are dying out. Red List does not protect them in this case," said the chairman of the inter-regional environmental movement "Antimusor" Vladimir Spiryagin.