- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi police detained five activists of United National Movement2013-04-02 15:56
Tbilisi patrol police has detained five activists of the opposition party of Georgia "United National Movement", the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by activists of the party, they were detained during applying spray with announcement of the UNM mass rally scheduled for April 19 on a stone fence, as well as in connection with the calls for participation.
In turn, the Georgian Interior Ministry said that the arrest was made due to violation of the Administrative Code, which prohibits spoiling the facades of office buildings.
Subsequently, all five activists have been released; one of them was fined 50 lari (about $ 30).
As recalled by the News-Georgia, on April 19, the party "United National Movement" is going to hold a large-scale meeting in the capital of Georgia. This was announced by the Secretary General of the UNM Vano Merabishvili.
The former ruling party will "once again gather the Georgian people to tell the government that our future is the European way." According to Merabishvili, it is important that "Georgia was not enslaved and did not come under the influence of enemies."