- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan is actively cooperating with NATO2013-04-04 16:39
Azerbaijan is actively cooperating with NATO through providing its airspace to transport ISAF cargo and troops, Injured during operations in Afghanistan. This was stated by the director of the department for the political analysis and information support under the Presidential Administration Elnur Aslanov. He said this at the international conference "NATO's role in shaping the geopolitical situation in the South Caucasus and beyond", held on April 4 in Baku and organized by the Center for Strategic Studies under the President of Azerbaijan and the Embassy of Romania (NATO coordinator in Azerbaijan), the 1news.az reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Aslanov, the history of cooperation between NATO and Azerbaijan has a rich tradition. "Azerbaijani soldiers are actively involved in peacekeeping operations in the framework of the international coalition," he said, recalling that Azerbaijani soldiers had participated in operations in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Recall, in early February, Azerbaijan agreed to act as a transit country for the NATO cargo withdrawal from Afghanistan.
"NATO member countries and partner countries are using these transit opportunities. However, ISAF troops will be withdrawn from Afghanistan by the end of 2014, a part of cargo will be withdrawn trough transit corridor provided by Azerbaijan and delivered to Europe and other countries. At present this opportunity is being used. But large-size cargo withdrawal will start in the second half of 2013, because within a year - in 2014, all the troops are to be withdrawn in a prearranged manner. It is impossible to withdraw all cargo at once, because ISAF must remain in Afghanistan by end of this year and gradually hand over its mission to the local government. The government of Afghanistan has mobilized efforts to ensure its sovereign control in the country and to independently exercise control over security. This process is still underway and almost 90 percent has been implemented. We are cooperating with Afghanistan in all spheres and are ready to continue the cooperation", Azeri Deputy Foreign Minister stated.