- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shashkin denies falsification of operation in Lopota Gorge2013-04-08 12:41
According to the former Defense Minister Dmitri Shashkin, special operation in Lopota Gorge in the summer of 2012 could not be falsified, the MIR reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It's cynicism and top madness to say that it was some kind of a provocation. The government of Georgia has done everything in order to prevent this conflict," said the former Minister.
Recall, as a result of armed clashes at the Daghestani-Georgian border in August 2012, three officers of the Georgian special services and 11 suspected militants were killed. Three citizens of Georgia and four citizens of Russia were among those killed militants.
In October 2012, the media reported that the operation in Lopota Gorge was a farce and a hoax. It was reported that the Georgian law enforcers offered young Chechens to enter the territory of Russia and gave them weapons. After that special services officers reportedly mined the road, surrounded so-called militants and shot them.
The responsibility for this action was attributed to the brothers David and Bacho Akhalaia. The first is former Deputy Minister of Defense of Georgia, and the other at various times headed the Interior Ministry, the Defense Ministry and the prison service.