- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU urges Azerbaijan to respect human rights2013-04-08 13:19
Azerbaijan should make efforts to hold democratic election and ensure human rights. This was stated in the annual report to assess the progress of Azerbaijan in the European Neighbourhood Policy for 2012, the head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Roland Kobia said. Speaking at a news conference in Baku, he stated that the report displays the trend of implementation of the commitments under the ENP for the year 2012 by the partners countries, the Yerkramas reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We respect the independence and equal partnership, but there are obligations that must be fulfilled," said Kobia.
"The EU will continue working with the partners in the field of democratic change. Some partner countries have concerns on these issues, so we will assist them in democracy issues," Kobia quoted the EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton.
Meanwhile, the Special Adviser to the Secretary General and Special Plenipotentiary for HIV-AIDS, the former head of the UN Population Fund Dr.Nafis Sadiq arrives in Azerbaijan to participate in the South Caucasus Forum, jointly organized by the International Centre of Nizami Ganjavi and the Club of Madrid, with the support of the State Committee for Work with Diaspora, the APA.az reports.