- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Strong hail has destroyed peach orchards in Georgian villages2013-04-11 13:09
As a result of heavy rain and hail several villages in the region of Kakheti in Georgia have suffered, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to local authorities, Telavi district has been especially affected during the disasters. In several villages houses were flooded; crops and orchards were partially destroyed by the hail.
According to the "Rustavi-2", several villages of the Kvareli district were also affected by the natural disaster. In the field, there were created special commissions to calculate the size of the damage caused by the hail.
Recall, in late March, natural disaster in Georgia caused damage to 5 million lari (about $ 3 million).
Hhurricane damaged hundreds of homes and disrupted power supplies. According to the Energy Minister Kakha Kaladze, about 60 million subscribers remained without electricity. An emergency headquarters, headed by Kaladze, was established for the disaster relief.
Hurricane and severe storm have caused the greatest damage in Adjara. In the region, there were damaged houses; the coastal strip was washed away. In some cities, particularly in Batumi, the streets were flooded.