- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Construction works in South Ossetia stopped2009-03-16 11:40
Construction works in South Ossetia, suffered in the result of the August events, are stopped because of lack of funds.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Zurab Kabisov, the head of the state committee on reconstruction projects realization, if financing from the Russian side will not be resumed in the nearest future, works will resume in Septemeber as the earliest - RIA Novosti.
"Today no reconstruction works are conducted in the districts. Even is something was made, it was done before the New Year, with hopes for further financing . For example, in Znauri district [of South Ossetia] reconstruction of the buildings of the Interior Ministry and a hospital were started before the New Year. But, again, financing of reconstruction is stopped. If financing is delayed, reconstruction processes can start in September at best", Kabisov said. - The State Committee for Information and Press of South Ossetia.
According to the Russian mass media, Russia promised to allocate 10 bn rubles for reconstruction of South Ossetia. In end August 1.5 bn of them were allocated for financing urgent works.
Kabisov noted these 1.5 bn rubles were transferred as the prepayment of administrative buildings reconstruction.
"The scheme of financing is still not defined. Therefore the start of construction delays. As soon as the IDC (Interdepartmental Commission for South Ossetia reconstruction, established by the order of the Russian government) makes the scheme of financing, the full-scale construction will begin in South Ossetia ", Kabisov underlined.
The Interdepartmental Commission monitors the course of all the reconstruction works in South Ossetia. The Commission comprises Russian officials, Tskhinval is represented with the First Vice PM.
"The beginning of construction depends directly on the financing. And the issue of financing is decided at the level of the Ministry of Regional Development and at the level of the Ministry of Finance of Russia. They work out the scheme for financing all the construction projects", Kabisov noted.