- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign Ministry of Georgia urges to abstain from crossing border of Egypt and Israel2009-03-16 14:21
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia urges Georgian citizens to abstain from crossing border of Egypt with Israel, announced Sergi Kapanadze, the head of the Relations with Foreign Organizations Department of the Foreign Ministry of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The citizens of Georgia who are staying in Egypt and are going to cross the border with Israel should consider the situation in the Gaza Strip, and abstain from their intention", Kapanadze said.
According to Kapanadze, in connection with the increased tension in the Gaza Strip emergency security measures are taken, people trying to cross the border are usually detained.
Last week 14 Georgian citizens trying to cross the borders of Egypt and Israel were detained and deported after the interference of the Foreign Ministry. Kapanadze warned that the possibilities of the Ministry are limited, and not all the detained may be rendered the assistance they wish.