- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azeri inmates sentenced to death have declared hunger strike2013-04-19 17:04
The Gobustan Prison Service of the Ministry of Justice reports that 30 inmates sentenced to death have announced a hunger strike, the IA Regnum reports. The prisoners require a review of criminal cases and mitigation of punishment.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The other day, a prisoner sentenced to life imprisonment Ali Guliyev sent an appeal to the ombudsman Elmira Suleymanova, MP Ali Guseynli, human rights activists and the media with a call to reconsider the cases of those sentenced to death.
The head of the Public Relations Service of the Penitentiary Service of the Ministry of Justice Mehman Sadigov said that on Friday, a few inmates had declared a hunger strike.
"Every prisoner has the right to hold a hunger strike. This afternoon, some inmates sentenced to life imprisonment in the Gobustan prison declared the start of the hunger strike. However, not all of them have declared the hunger strike. They just joined the appeal. The main demand is to review their cases and to mitigate punishment," he said.
In Gobustan prison there are about 700 prisoners sentenced to long prison terms. Of them there are about 260 prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment, the Lenta.ru reported.