- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Okruashvili’s party members demand air for their leader2009-03-16 16:32
Members of the For United Georgia, the political party by Irakli Okruashvili, the ex-Minister of Defense of Georgia, demand live air for their leader. The protest action with this demand was staged today near the President's residence in Avlabari (district in Tbilisi).gt-en-newsitem-inside
As the youth wing of Okruashvili's party said, they demanded liberation of Rustavi 2, Imedi, the First Channel from the government's pressure.
They believe that everything broadcasted in the air is agreed by the authorities and edited by high-ranking officials of the government.
According to the young members of Okruashvili's party, they demand ensuring freedom of speech in mass media.
Let us remind that a week ago Inga Grigolia, the anchorwoman of the Political Week (a TV show) planned to had an interview with Irakli Okruashvili in live air, but failed because of the First Channel management position. According to the special statement of the First Channel's directorate, it has no intention to grant live air to people, charged of a crime. Besides Okruashvili, the reject list includes Igor Giorgadze, the ex-minister of Security, and Emzar Kvitsiani, the ex-chargé d'affaires of the President in Kodori gorge.
After this statement Inga Grigolia said she left the position of the Deputy CEO of the First Channel, but will continue working as an anchorwoman.