- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Republican Party of Armenia on April 24 will not lead agitation2013-04-22 13:11
On April 24, Republican Party of Armenia doesn't intend to hold a pre-election meetings and broadcasting campaign commercials on TV and public radio during airtime in connection with the 98th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. According to the Armenia Today, this was announced the central election headquarters of the Republican Party in the election to the Council of Elders.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On April 24, in connection with the 98th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, the Republican Party will not broadcast campaign videos on the Public TV and radio, and will not lead the election campaign," said in a statement.
Election to the Council of Elders is scheduled for May 5. The Council of Elders, including 65 people, elects the mayor of the city. Under the law, the right to nominate candidates for mayor belongs to the factions within the Council of Elders. The mayor is to be elected by voting members of the Board, the News-Armenia recalls.
In elections to the Council of Elders of Yerevan registered party lists The parties "Mission," "Prosperous Armenia," "Armenian National Congress," "Rule of Law," the Republican Party of Armenia, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation, as well as party alliance "Hello, Yerevan."