- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three inmates stopped hunger strike in Gldani prison2013-04-26 10:55
In Gldani prison, three Ossetians sentenced to life imprisonment on charges of committing a terrorist act in Gori have stopped the hunger strike, the OSInform reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Ossetian prisoners stopped the hunger strike after the staff of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia visited them in the prison and promised to review their cases.
Three Ossetians accused of committing a terrorist act have announced a protest along with other prisoners - in total about 70 people, demanding revision of their cases and re-appointment hearings.
Last week it was reported that 30 inmates of the Gobustan prison in Azerbaijan sentenced to death had announced a hunger strike.
The other day, a prisoner sentenced to life imprisonment Ali Guliyev sent an appeal to the ombudsman Elmira Suleymanova, MP Ali Guseynli, human rights activists and the media with a call to reconsider the cases of those sentenced to death.
The head of the Public Relations Service of the Penitentiary Service of the Ministry of Justice Mehman Sadigov said that a few inmates had declared a hunger strike.
In Gobustan prison there are about 700 prisoners sentenced to long prison terms. Of them there are about 260 prisoners sentenced to life imprisonment.