- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Two persons detained in Georgia on charges of torture2013-04-26 11:26
District Prosecutor's Office of Kvemo Kartli has arrested the former inspectors of the Security Division of the Rustavi prison No 16 on charges of beating and torturing prisoners, the Caucasian Knot reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In particular, there were detained Temur Korshia and George Dzhgarkava. They are charged with beating, torture and humiliation of prisoners.
According to the Prosecutor's Office, the investigation has established that with the purpose of oppression and demoralization of the convicts, Temur Korshia and George Dzhgarkava led by former employees of the same prison David Mumladze, Vazhy Tshvediani and Jonah Lutidze conducted a so-called passing through the corridor. In particular, they humiliated the prisoners, inflicting physical and verbal abuse, stripped them, put on the knees, forced to do sit-ups and run in the territory of the detention facility, the Echo of the Caucasus reports.
Temur Korshia and George Dzhgarkava charged with the points "a", "b", "e", "f" and "g" of the Article 144 of the Criminal Code of Georgia. Rustavi City Court will select the preventive measures for them.