- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Sokhumi for resumption and extension of the four-sided meetings in Gali district2009-03-17 08:58
Abkhazia campaigns for extension of the four-sided meetings that used to be held under the aegis of the UN in Gali district, in the way of joining the EU monitors, stated Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, at the meeting with Joseph Stephanidis, the UN Secretary General's special envoy, the successor of Ivo Petrov - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Shamba, it will favor solution of security issues in the zone of the Georgian - Abkhazian conflict.
In the course of negotiations the foreign minister of Abkhazia confirmed the interest of the Abkhazian authorities of preserving the UN mission as the main international observer.
The four-sided meetings used to be held in village Chururkhinji, bordering on Georgia, every Thursday until autumn 2006. They were held with the commanders of Russian peacemaking forces as mediators; were attended by UN military observers at the level of heads of administrations and law enforcement structures of Gali district [Abkhazia] and Zugdidi district [Georgia].
In autumn 2006, after the cessation of negotiation process between Georgia and Abkhazia, weekly weeks in Gali district were cancelled.