- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Shevarnadze: political situation in Georgia depends on Saakashvili2009-03-17 11:55
Eduard Shevernadze, the ex-President of Georgia, is sure that the political situation in Georgia depends on the actions of the President Mikheil Saakashvili more then on the opposition - Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Shevarnadze, "now it is hard to say whether the opposition will manage to achieve the resignation of the acting President Mikheil Saakashvili or not, everything depends on the actions of the head of the state".
Let us remind that the Georgian opposition intends to start mass protest actions with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation since April 9th.
Shevarnadze suggests that the rallies may turn ineffective. "Tbilisi has seen many rallies similar to the present-day ones, but Saakashvili remained the President ", the ex-President said.
Shevarnadze cannot rule out the repetition of the situation. "On the other side, the present-day opposition has more chances for success than earlier ", Shevarnadze said.