- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Preliminary result of election to Elders Council in Armenia2013-05-06 16:11
On May 6, members of the Central Election Commission of Armenia signed a report on the preliminary results of municipal election in Yerevan on May 5, the Yerkramas reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the preliminary data of the CEC, the votes distributed as follows: the ruling Republican Party of Armenia - has got 235,512 votes (55.86%), "Prosperous Armenia" - 97,189 (23.05%), the block "Hello, Yerevan" - 35,732 ( 8.47%), the "Armenian National Congress" - 18,499 (4.39%), ARF "Dashnaktsutyun" - 15,999 (3.79%), the "Rule of Law" - 15 733 (3.73%) and the party "Arakelutsyun" - 2,592 (0.64%).
According to the chairman of the Central Electoral Commission Tigran Mukuchyan, the final results of the election in Yerevan will be released on May 12.
As a result, the Council of Elders will consist of three political parties - the Republican Party of Armenia, "Prosperous Armenia" and block "Hello, Yerevan." Due to the victory of the RPA the candidate of the ruling party, the incumbent Mayor of Yerevan Taron Margaryan automatically retains the office.
As recalled by the News-Armenia, the Council of Elders, including 65 people, elects the mayor of the city. Under the law, the right to nominate candidates for mayor belongs to the factions within the Council of Elders. The mayor is to be elected by voting members of the Board.