- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
12th Battalion of the Georgian Defense Ministry has returned from Afghanistan2013-05-06 16:54
12th Battalion of the First Infantry Brigade of the Georgian Defense Ministry has returned home from Afghanistan in full force, the Echo of the Caucasus reports. The military served in Afghanistan as part of the ISAF mission for six months. Today they have returned to the homeland.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry of Defense of Georgia, the Georgian peacekeepers were met at the airport by representatives of the Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces and the U.S. Ambassador Richard Norland and congratulated them on their return home.
Recall, in early January it was reported that Georgia changed its role in Afghanistan. Participation of Georgian troops in the NATO mission in Afghanistan changed its character. Georgian military won't take part in combat operations in this country after 2014.
According to the Defense Minister Irakli Alasania, the Georgian contingent will participate in various trainings and will share its experience with the security forces of Afghanistan. Alasania added that NATO was already working on a new strategy to continue the mission of ISAF.