- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Defense Ministry increases number of conscripts2013-05-07 14:29
Georgia intends to increase the number of conscripts for military service during the spring draft, the Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the decree of the President of Georgia, the number of conscripts into the Georgian Interior Ministry paramilitary units must amount 670 people, into the service of special protection and external security of the Department of Corrections - 365.
Under the changes, in the first case, the number of conscripts must be increased to 1200 people, and in the second - up to 700 people.
Number of conscripts to the Armed Forces of the Ministry of Defense remains unchanged - 600 people.
Meanwhile, Georgian military are returning to the homeland. Yesterday, 12th Battalion of the First Infantry Brigade of the Georgian Defense Ministry has returned home from Afghanistan in full force. The military served in Afghanistan as part of the ISAF mission for six months.
According to the Ministry of Defense of Georgia, the Georgian peacekeepers were met at the airport by representatives of the Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces and the U.S. Ambassador Richard Norland and congratulated them on their return home.