- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia has refused PACE delegation in visiting the country2013-05-14 12:08
Parliament of South Ossetia has refused the delegation of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) in visiting South Ossetia. This was announced by Vice-Speaker of the Parliament of South Ossetia Yuri Dzitstsoyty, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We refused to representatives of PACE in visiting South Ossetia, and for this we have several reasons. Firstly, they turned to us not as to the Parliament of the Republic of South Ossetia, as if the state of South Ossetia does not exist, using terms "de facto South Ossetia," "de facto President," "de facto the chairman of the Parliament," said Dzitstsoyty.
PACE representatives, he said, are based on the fact that South Ossetia as a state does not exist, and consider it part of Georgia.
He added he was surprised at the position of PACE that is arguing that there was no aggression against South Ossetia from Georgia.
Meanwhile, as stated by the Georgian State Minister for Integration into European and Euro-Atlantic structures Alexi Petriashvili on a visit to Berlin, Georgian government is seeking to restore confidence in relations with South Ossetia and Abkhazia. He stated this in late April.
According to the Minister, the way of restoration of trust will lead "to the restoration of Georgia." He added the Georgians intend to establish dialogue with Abkhaz and South Ossetian peoples, however, the process may take quite much time.