- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Three Georgian servicemen killed in Afghanistan2013-05-14 13:16
On Monday, Defense Minister Irakli Alasania announced that three Georgian soldiers who served within the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan were killed in a terrorist attack, several Georgian military were injured, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The health status of the Georgian military, which the day before were injured in the terrorist attacks in Afghanistan, is satisfactory and their lives are not in danger, the press service of the Ministry of Defense of Georgia on Tuesday, May 14.
Georgian Defense Minister, President and Prime Minister have expressed condolences to the families of those deceased servicemen.
The total losses of the Georgian contingent for a few years including the last incident amounted to 22 people. President Mikheil Saakashvili has promised to ensure the families of the victims with a lifetime pension, the Lenta.ru reports.
Recall, Georgian contingent is performing a peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan as part of ISAF since August 2009. According to the Defense Ministry, more than 1,500 Georgian soldiers are serving in Afghanistan to the moment.