- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A group to investigate events of August 2008 established in Georgia2013-05-14 13:52
The Prosecutor General of Georgia Archil Kbilashvili has announced the creation of a group of eight people who will be engaged in investigation of crimes committed during and after the war in South Ossetia in August 2008, the RIA Novosti reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The Prosecutor General entrusted a criminal investigation to the staff of the Department of Military Police under the Prosecutor General's Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Defense," said in a statement of the department on Tuesday.
Georgian authorities have acknowledged that military action in South Ossetia in August 2008 had been unleashed by the Georgian side. This was stated by the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili in mid-April.
Having made a sensational statement Ivanishvili put the blame for what has happened on the president Mikheil Saakashvili and previous authorities.
At the same time, the Prime Minister expressed his intention to condemn the actions of the president, not only publicly, but also with the assistance of the competent authorities.