- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition paper issuing suspended2009-03-17 16:32
One of the leading Georgian opposition papers, The Georgian Times, suspends its issuing in Georgian, stated Malkhaz Gulashvili, the owner and the President of The Georgian Times holding, functioning since 1993 - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was made since Gulashvili fears for the safety of the members of his family. According to Gulashvili, last Friday his 16 year old son was searched by policemen.
"I, the President of The Georgian Times Media Holding, would like to underline that the motherland starts from the family and the protection of my family is my foremost obligation. After 17 years of uninterrupted production of The Georgian Times I am taking an unprecedented decision: The Georgian language edition of The Georgian Times will be suspended for an indefinite period. In the light of this act of violence and psychological pressure I cannot offer a free and unbiased newspaper to people," Gulashvili stated .
He promised that the English language edition, of The Georgian Times which functions as functions as "a bridge between Georgia and abroad" and the online trilingual newspaper will continue functioning.