- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili is on working visit to Thailand2013-05-20 13:52
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili is currently visiting Thailand, the News-Georgia reports referring to the press service of the head of state on Monday, May 20. In Thailand he is scheduled to attend the second Asia-Pacific summit this week.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The summit will be attended by about two thousand senior government officials, politicians and experts from 37 countries.
On the eve, the President of Georgia held a meeting with the prime ministers of Thailand and Laos. Saakashvili also attended the reception, organized in honor of the leaders of the summit participants.
Recall, last week President of Georgia visited the United States. According to the administration of the Georgian President, Mikheil Saakashvili has met with one of the presidential candidates in the election in 2016, Senator Marco Rubio.
During the meeting the sides discussed Georgia's place in the political process and the bilateral relations in the framework of the Charter of the geopolitical cooperation. Rubio and Saakashvili stressed the importance of the continuation of democratic processes in Georgia and its aspirations into NATO, as well as support from the U.S. along the way. At the meeting it was stressed once again that Georgia would become NATO member.