- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze intends to run for president2013-05-21 12:53
On May 20, Representative National Assembly named its candidate for the president of Georgia. Assembly's Executive Board put forward the candidacy of the party leader "Democratic Movement - United Georgia" Nino Burjanadze, the IA Regnum reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the leaders of the National Assembly, Burjanadze best of all fits this position and has all the necessary qualities for the president of the country.
"We hope that Georgia will hold really competitive and fair election," say members of the Assembly's Executive Board.
Recall, recently Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili has named the presidential candidate from the ruling coalition "Georgian Dream". Ivanishvili stated that George Margvelashvili, currently holding the posts of Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education, would run for the presidency in the upcoming election.
Georgian Prime Minister noted that Margvelashvili was a worthy candidate who was unanimously supported by the political council of the coalition.