- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Giga Bokeria accuses Ivanishvili of persecution of leaders of National Movement2013-05-22 12:42
National Security Council Secretary Giga Bokeria, commenting on the detention of the former Secretary General of the "United National Movement" and the country's former Prime Minister Vano Merabishvili, accused the current head of the government in the prosecution of political opponents, the News-Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Instead of focusing on punishing criminals and curbing the chaos that we saw (on May 17, in the center of Tbilisi), on reviving the economy and creating jobs, the main activity of the Prime Minister and the government is the prosecution and detention of opposition leaders. This is a very dangerous situation for Georgia," Bokeria told reporters during a visit to the United States on May 21.
Recall, yesterday in the morning, Vano Merabishvili and former Minister of Health and Governor of Kakheti Zurab Chiaberashvili were summoned for interrogation to the District Prosecutor's Office in the city of Kutaisi on the case of fictitious jobs for supporters of the "United National Movement," created in the course of implementation of the state employment program in 2012.
The arrest took place immediately after the interrogation in the District Prosecutor's Office of West Georgia, in the city of Kutaisi.