- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Merabishvili does not plead guilty2013-05-22 14:36
The Secretary General of the former ruling party "United National Movement" and former Prime Minister of Georgia Vano Merabishvili, who was arrested on charges of corruption, does not plead guilty. As reported by the News-Georgia, this was announced by his lawyer George Chiviashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Chiviashvili, it is about a few articles, and Merabishvili does not plead guilty on any of them, considering the accusations ridiculous.
Earlier we reported that Georgian diplomats are willing to vouch for the governor of Kakheti, former diplomat Zurab Chiaberashvili. After his arrest they issued a special statement expressing their concern over the arrest of their former colleague and a hope that an objective and fair investigation in the near future would establish the truth.
Vano Merabishvili and former Minister of Health and Governor of Kakheti Zurab Chiaberashvili were summoned for interrogation to the District Prosecutor's Office in the city of Kutaisi on the case of fictitious jobs for supporters of the "United National Movement," created in the course of implementation of the state employment program in 2012.