- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia on the verge of a measles epidemic2013-05-23 11:52
The number of measles cases in Georgia has reached 3787 people. 1,167 of them were hospitalized with complications. These data was released by the National Center for Disease Control and Public Health of the country, the Likar.info reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This year, Georgia has registered significant increase in the incidence of measles. Most of the infected people are in the age group of 20-29 years. It is known that the disease has claimed the lives of 11-month-old baby and a 19-year-old boy. Since early April, the country held free vaccination against measles because of the threat of the epidemic.
Measles is an acute infectious viral disease that is characterized by high temperatures (up to 40,5 C), inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and upper respiratory tract, conjunctivitis and a characteristic maculopapular rash of the skin, general intoxication, the News-Georgia recalls.