- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Direct foreign investments in Georgia decreased2009-03-18 12:55
In 2008 direct foreign investments in Georgia decreased on USD 0.7 bn (comparing with 2007) and amounted USD 1.3 bn.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Department of Statistics of Georgia, the leading investor is the UAE - USD 237.1 mln. USD 165 mln came from Turkey, USD 145.7 mln - from the Netherlands, USD 144.3 mln - from the Virginia Islands.
The leading sphere for investment is the one of transport and communications - USD 364.3 mln, energy sphere is second - USD 253.3 mln, real estate is the third - USD 202.4 mln. Comparing with 2007 investments in real estate increased sevenfold. Whereas investments in other spheres decreased, especially in the banking sphere: from USD 136.9 mln to USD 11.5 mln.