- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zurab Chiaberashvili released on bail2013-05-23 14:47
Governor of Kakheti, the former Minister of Labor, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia Zurab Chiaberashvili, accused of corruption together with the Secretary General of the former ruling party "United National Movement" Vano Merabishvili, was released on bail of 20 thousand lari (about $ 12.3 thousand), the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The case is completely absurd. In a country where the main problem is unemployment, and a lot of people are waiting for job creation, the authorities are carrying out clearly political prosecution of former Prime Minister and the Minister of Health, connected to our political activities," Chiaberashvili said after he was released.
Chiaberashvili and Merabishvili were arrested on May 21, on charges of creating fictitious jobs for supporters of the "National Movement" during the implementation of the public employment programs in 2012, as well as the embezzling funds of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia.
The arrest took place immediately after the interrogation in the District Prosecutor's Office of West Georgia, in the city of Kutaisi.