- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention2013-05-27 12:52
Kutaisi court of appeal has upheld the decision on pre-trial detention of the former Prime Minister of Georgia, Secretary General of the "United National Movement" Vano Merabishvili, the RBC reported referring to the Georgian media.gt-en-newsitem-inside
An appeals court considered the lawsuit of Merabishvili's lawyers and upheld the decision of the Kutaisi City Court.
The defense demanded the lifting of the decision of the Kutaisi City Court, which on May 24 selected the two-month pre-trial detention as a preventive measure against the former Premier.
Governor of Kakheti Chiaberashvili and Merabishvili were arrested on May 21, on charges of creating fictitious jobs for supporters of the "National Movement" during the implementation of the public employment programs in 2012, as well as the embezzling funds of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia.
The arrest took place immediately after the interrogation in the District Prosecutor's Office of West Georgia, in the city of Kutaisi.
Later, former Minister of Labor, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia Zurab Chiaberashvili was released on bail of 20 thousand lari (about $ 12.3 thousand).