- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia2013-05-27 13:23
Azerbaijani Culture Festival was held in the Georgian town of Bolnisi, the 1news.az reported. The event was organized by the Azerbaijani cultural center with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Monument Protection of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Our peoples have paid in blood for the independence of their homeland. We are united by such dates as the 9th of April and 20th of January, and if not these dates, we would not have talked today about the independent states," said the Counsellor of the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Georgia Shovgi Mekhtizade.
The participants of the festival have presented samples of traditional food and crafts, as well as the publications in Azeri language. There also took place meetings of representatives of the creative intelligentsia, the Vestnik Kavkaza reports.
The head of the Cultural Center of Azerbaijanis Nargis Aliyev has declared that such festivals must become traditional. "This is a holiday uniting the peoples and cultures," she said.