- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President2013-05-27 14:06
According to the President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) Jean-Claude Mignon, who is currently on a visit to Azerbaijan, the country is developing in all areas, the IA Regnum reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"No one can deny the changes taking place in Azerbaijan. Today we see that Azerbaijan has done much: for example, the unemployment rate was reduced from 50 to 6 percent. This is quite a progressive step that is visible at the international level. Along with this, we should also note that Azerbaijan is of great strategic importance in the region, and it is important for us," Mignon stated.
Meanwhile, as stated by the UN Resident Coordinator in Azerbaijan Antonius Broek and the head of the Baku Office of the World Bank (WB) Larisa Leshchenko at the seminar "The goals of sustainable development - national consultations in Azerbaijan," Azerbaijan has made significant progress in achieving the Millennium Development Goals, the Day.az reported.
The eight Millennium Development Goals, starting with the reduction of extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education until 2015, is a program adopted by the all countries and all leading development organizations in the world. They have galvanized unprecedented efforts to meet the needs of the poorest layers of the population in the world.