- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alliance for Georgia to participate in April 9th action2009-03-19 10:19
Alliance for Georgia will join the rest of the opposition and will surely participate in the April 9th protest action in front of the building of the Parliament, stated Irakli Alasania, the leader of the Alliance at yesterday's meeting with district offices chiefs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He underlined that the action must be peaceful and stay within the frames of the Constitution. Alasania believes that not only the opposition but the government as well are responsible for the peaceful character of the rally. According to Alasania, the government is already preparing provocations.
The Alliance leader stated that the only way to avoid provocations and reach the purpose - to change power I the country - is to unite the society and the entire opposition. He expressed readiness to cooperate with all the political forces in the struggle with authoritarian regime of Saakashvili's government.
After establishment of district offices in all the regions of Georgia the Alliance starts working on the nation-wide plebiscite with the only question: do you support holding early presidential elections in Georgia as soon as possible?
Besides the preparation and holding the plebiscite the Alliance offices will organize protest actions and peaceful manifestations, inform the population of their further plans and conduct monitoring of the local authorities' actions.