- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Action of collecting signatures for Saakashvili’s resignation starts today in Georgia2009-03-19 13:23
The action of collecting signatures for calling early presidential elections starts today in Georgia. This action was initiated by the opposition Alliance for Georgia - The Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The first results of this action will be announced on March 31st , in the 18th anniversary of the referendum on independency of Georgia. As the Alliance leader, Irakli Alasania, said today, the authorities "have no internal resource and no international legitimation for driving the country out of crisis".
He mentioned that the Alliance will participate in the April 9th protest action in Rustaveli Avenue and said that he has "information from reliable sources: the authorities will attempt to use violence against opposition activists".
When told about the authorities' speeches of the Russian threat, he said "I rule out the new Russian aggression in the nearest future". "But the fact is: the Georgian authorities are searching for external threats", he believes.
Alasania highlighted that toppling Saakashvili must be conducted within the frames of the Constitution.