- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia will not renounce recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia for Georgia2009-03-19 17:41
Russia doesn't intend to renounce recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia - even for dialog with Russia, stated Andrey Nesterenko, the Foreign Ministry of Russia spokesman, commenting upon the statement of the Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, who previously noted that his country is ready for direct dialog with south Ossetia and Abkhazia but only with consideration of the territorial integrity of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It is a new element in the approach, but it cannot be made conditional on the territorial integrity. There is no way back. Abkhazia and South Ossetia are recognized by Russia as independent and sovereign states, they must be spoken with as equals. Other approaches are inadmissible", Nesterenko said - RIA Novosti.
On March 17th the Speaker said that Georgian authorities would like to establish good-neighbourly relations with Russia, but not at the cost of the two aforesaid regions. Bakradze said the main question is the price of improvement of relations with Russia. According to the Speaker, the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia cannot be the price to pay.