- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One more opposition union established in Georgia2009-03-19 18:03
One more opposition union is established in Georgia. Today in the Party of the Future office the presentation of the Alliance for Freedom took place.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The new Alliance comprises the Party of the Future (leader Gia Maisashvili), the Freedom (Konstantin Gamsakhurdia), the Traditionalists' Union (Akaki Asatiani) and Women's Party (Guguli Magradze).
"Our salvation, salvation of our country and our children is to return all that fundamental values that comprise the basis of the nation," Maisashvili said at the presentation.
In his view, the total paralysis of economy threatens the country, and the present-day government cannot drive the country out of crisis and build a healthy state.
Konstantin Gamsakhurdia added that they united to struggle for establishment of the true democracy in the country.
"The alliance comprises the forces that do not oppose the authorities demonstratively and do not just struggle for coming into power, but set the return to the national origins and formation of the parliamentary republic in Georgia as their main objective", Gamsakhurdia said.
At the same time, the new alliance expressed readiness to cooperate with other opposition forces.