- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites call for the active dialog with Russia2009-03-20 11:30
Shalva Natelashvilithe leader of the Labour party of Georgia, is sure that Georgia must start a dialog with Russia, The Vzglyad informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Russia has its strategic interests, therefore the dialog with the Russian Federation will be complicated and lasting, as the existing problems won't be solved within 1-2 years," he said.
According to Natelashvili, "Georgia has two ways of development of relations with the Russian Federation: the way of confrontation and the way of negotiations, surely, we must choose the way of negotiations".
"If we give Russia political guarantees that Georgia will not be the springboard of NATO against the Russian Federation, if we renounce joining the alliance and really start conducting an independent policy, Russia will step-by-step return us our territories: Abkhazian and Tskhinvali regions", Natelashvili said in his interview to The Sakartvelos Respublica, published today.
According to the Laborites leader, "if the USA advise Georgia not to join NATO, it will be a form of supporting Georgia by the USA". "The USA must remain the strategic partner of Georgia, but joining NATO is not necessary for it, and there is a lot of examples in today's world ", believes Natelashvili, already presented by his party as a presidential candidate in case of early election.
Natelashvili has been heading the Labour party since 1995, opposed Eduard Shevarnadze, in recent years has been in opposition to Saakashvili.