- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU leaders allocated EUR 200 mln for Nabucco2009-03-20 12:54
The EU leaders agreed the EUR 5 bn package of agreements on energy infrastructure development and economy stimulation, stated Mirek Topolanek, the PM of the Czech republic the EU chair country) - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Jose Manuel Barroso, the European Commission chairman underlined that EUR 5 bn are obtained from the untapped EU funds. According to Barroso, 4 bn of them will be spent on the EU energy sphere infrastructure improvement, 1 bn - on improvement of access to the high-speed Internet in the EU rural areas.
Within the framework of the energy sphere infrastructure projects the main part of the sum will be spent on expansion of the pipelines and power lines net within the EU. EUR 200 mln of that sum are allocated for Nabucco gas pipeline.
Nabucco implies transportation of Central Asian and Caspian gas to European countries via Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and Austria. It must be the continuation of the existing Baku-Tbilisi -Erzerum gas pipeline. Germany favored the decreased role of Nabucco in the package of EU subsidies. It insisted on allocating money for short-term and middle-term projects in the first line, whereas Nabucco is a long-term project, since it will be completed in 2013 at best.
The EU leaders highlighted that all the EUR 5 bn must be spent before end 2010 in order to let these funds influence the EU economy restoration at maximum.