- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iran may recognize Abkhazia2009-03-20 15:31
Policy in Caucasus is determined by the three states: Russia, Turkey and Iran; and none of them, including Turkey, is interested in "a strange force like the USA", believes Stanislav Lakoba, the Security Council of Abkhazia Secretary.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his view, in South Caucasus the USA was politically defeated.
"Today only one country of Caucasus - Georgia - approves the actions of America. They are not approved in Armenia and even Azerbaijan", the expert mentioned. "Russia showed it can change the situation in Caucasus in its favor. Iran noticed it. Iran may recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia if Americans increase support of the present-day Georgia's regime", Lakoba stated at the ‘round table' on the topic "Republic Abkhazia after independency recognition: problems and development prospective", held in Sokhumi by the RosBalt information agency.
Speaking of the EU policy in regard to Abkhazia, the Security Council Secretary mentioned that the EU behaved impetuous after the Georgian-Ossetian conflict. "Only Georgia wants to see the EU in the role of the peacemaker. For us Russia id the only ally of Abkhazia", he stated.