- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN mission in Abkhazia needs changes2009-03-23 15:58
The negotiations between the EU and Abkhazia were unsuccessful, believes Irakli Hintba, the director of the Fund of Independent Expertise.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Abkhazian expert, "previously Abkhazians treated the EU with interest: people had no negative associations in regard to the organization like the ones toward the "Georgia's friends group".
"The actions of the European Union, especially its ineffective activities and inadequate statements, in particular on "Kodori crisis", irritate, -the political scientist said, - Abkhazia must support only the UN mission. Russia plays a significant role in the UN. I agree with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: the UN mission in Abkhazia must be ".
"On the other side, it is impossible to preserve the UN mission in the format it is present now. There is a necessity to sign a brand new agreement to be the basis of the UN mission in Georgia change. It is necessary, as the militarization in Georgia is going on, and everything may change", Hintba said.