- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to hold April 9th action despite arrests of supporters2009-03-24 14:20
Georgian opposition protest action with the demand of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation will surely be held, stated Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia, whose supporters were arrested and charged of illegal purchase of arms.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Lat evening the Interior Ministry spread the video footage, showing members of Burjanadze's party agreeing to purchase weapons and training to use it. Four of the nine detained activists are seen in the video.
Burjanadze demanded the independent expertise of the video footage.
According to Burjanadze, she as a lawyer doubts the authenticity of the film, as no court can regard it as a sufficient proof of the guilt.
This footage needs independent expertise which must determine where, when and under which circumstances it has been shot and whether it is an arrangement or not, Burjanadze believes.
She expressed ready to cooperate with the investigation and announced she will answer all the questions she can be asked as the party leader.
She called the actions of the country leaders the "evidently discreditational policy". "But, despite it, dear authorities, the April 9th will still be held," Burjanadze underlined.