- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Interior Ministry of Georgia published more audio- and video footage2009-03-24 16:07
The Interior Ministry of Georgia published more audio-and video materials, compromising the two activists of the People's Movement - For Salvation of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's briefing Shota Utaishvili, the Ministry's spokesman, said that the agency makes no official statement on the case of the two Burjanadze's supporters arrested yesterday and those, whose materials will be shown today, but will surely do it after the completion of the investigation and announce the results.
The new video-and audio records concern the negotiations and deals of the two arrested party members: Malkhaz Gvelukashvili and Lasha Chkhenkeli.
According to the audio materials, they negotiated on purchase of arms for the protest action, opposition plans, including the plot to occupy the building of the Parliament. The video witnesses Gvelukashvili and Chkhenkeli talk with an unknown person, whose face is not exposed, about the purchase of weapons, look at these weapons, bargain and name the sums of several thousand dollars.
Let us remind that yesterday evening the Interior Ministry of Georgia spread the video footage showing members of Burjanadze's party(four of the nine detained) negotiating with some unknown person about the purchase of weapons and learn to use it .
At yesterday's briefing Shota Utiashvili stated that the Ministry didn't intend to make any statements but the harsh speeches of several political parties made them change their mind and publish the part of the materials they possessed.
Nine members of Nino Burjanadze's party were arrested yesterday in Tbilisi and Batumi.