- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lithuania keeps advancing Georgia into NATO2009-03-24 17:20
At the Adriatic-Baltic - Atlantic meeting held in Riga, Vygaudas Ušackas, the Foreign Minister of Lithuania, proposed to include Ukraine and Georgia in the list of the forum participants.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In Ušackas' view, it will let make the desire of Ukraine and Georgia to join NATO more effective.
Eager to join NATO Ukraine and Georgia might use the experience of Lithuania conducting military, political and economic reform, the Minister stated - the Press Service of the Foreign Ministry of Lithuania. According to the diplomat, further transformation of the organization must be conducted exactly before the 60th anniversary of the alliance.
Let us remind that a group of the U.S. politicians and experts sent the U.S. President Barack Obama the special report in the U.S. policy toward Russia, including 19 recommendations on relations with Moscow. The report states that Georgia and Ukraine are not ready to join NATO yet, and the USA should work out other ways to demonstrate the support to these countries. Among the authors of the report are: ex-Senators Gary Hart and Chuck Hagel, and Brent Scowcroft, the ex- Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs.